Plans to implement enhanced security measures for all commercial flights to the United States will be implemented by July 18.
The Nassau Airport Development Company (NAD) confirmed plans in a statement on Tuesday and also called for travelers to the US to arrive an estimated three hours ahead of their departure times.
It also said those travelling with electronics larger than a cell phone in carry on or checked luggage should expect more stringent screening measures.
This statement comes after an announcement by US Secretary of Homeland Security John Kelly last month about enhanced security measures.
Last week, Minister of Tourism and Aviation Dionisio D’Aguilar said the government was considering a significant investment in the aviation industry as it looks to bring the country’s airports in accordance with new security screening measures.